Though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.” (Philippians 2:6-8)
The second thing to reflect on is the end of another year. As a Christian I know that I don't examine myself enough, but in light of the article by Peter Masters it is certainly something which we can all do at the end of a year and ask, how have I grown as a Christian? Do I reflect more of the Lord's glory than I did a year ago? We need to set our sights on certain things within our lives which we know displease the Lord and to be determined to deal with them. That goes for me too of course; it goes for all of us. The Lord has to be Lord of our lives with a capital 'L' not a little 'L'.
So, I think that this time of year is a good opportunity to do some reflecting on what the Lord has done for us, and how little we have accomplished for him. Perhaps this would be the year that we would all say that we could and would make a some time every day to read our bibles. We can't hope to live for the Lord (that is what a Christian is - someone for whom Christ is Lord) if we don't know how he wants us to live for him, and the only way to know that is from his own words! The bible reading plan is available again this year and I want to urge you all to do it. Even if you did it last year; even you started it but lost the plot, this is another opportunity. If we all do it we can all encourage each other in it and raise any difficulties we might have on a Sunday afternoon. The plan is available on the blog for download.
Also, in the new year I'm hoping that we can start to look at some of the cults and false religions, kicking off with Roman Catholicism. However, I really want to know from you guys, what the burning issues are that you'd like to discuss or look at. It can be anything! No holds barred. You name the topic and we'll have an afternoon on it; angels, art, apostles, apostasy, anabaptists...you name it. As long as we can look at it from a biblical perspective. I want to keep looking at biblical doctrine on a regular basis though, so that we can get some good grounding in place. So get your thinking caps on!
See you all after Christmas God willing. Have a wonderful time and 'May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us' Psalm 67:1

No comments:
Post a Comment