Part three of the article:
Secondly, do we grow in the application of grace to our lives, for progress in holiness? Grace is an ongoing experience of the pardon and the power of God in holiness and service, and we must receive it by daily repentance and prayer for help. Where did I fail today? How did I sin? What duty or service did I shrink from? Not only must I repent, but I must also make my pledge to the Lord to do better, praying for a lively conscience and for help in responding to it. I especially need to pray for help over my more frequent sins, and for greater awareness of the watching eye of the Lord. This is the application of grace to the walk of righteousness.
Do we daily review our walk, and seek the grace of God in improvement? Are we more patient today than we were a year ago? Are we more committed to the Lord's service; more self-controlled in word and deed; less selfish; less infected by pride; less covetous, and more considerate? Are we growing through the daily application of grace in our life?
by Peter Masters
If you missed the first post in this series (monday) then just click the older posts link at the bottom of this page and it should appear.
WE HAVE MOVED!!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment